An index, whether at the back of the book or on a website, is an indispensable guide to help readers find the information they seek.
The subject areas I index include technology and computers, business, social sciences and horticulture.
I have written dozens of indexes for technical documentation, including user guides, reference manuals and service manuals. Some of the titles are:
- SOKKIA GSR1700 CSX Operations Manual
- SOKKIA GSR2700 ISX/IS Service Manual
- Telenium 4.3 Client Suite Admin Applications
- Harbor High-speed File Transfer Client Administrator’s Guide Version 2.0 for UNIX
- Harbor Network Storage Manager Administrator’s Guide Version 6.4 for Windows
My experience also includes periodical and online indexing:
- Calgary Gardening magazine article index
As a Calgary Horticultural Society volunteer, I created this online index as a benefit for Society members so they can easily find articles and information published in Calgary Gardening magazine. I update the index with each new issue of the magazine (8 times per year).
Calgary Gardening online article index